Sunday, May 4, 2008

A Bliss

I was chatting with my friend in cafeteria; she casually mentioned that she was forgetting a lot off late and was obviously not very happy about the same.

She was right, but in my opinion attimes ‘Forgetfulness’ is bliss!!.... I tell you, world would not be the same if people remembered every thing and every day.

What if I remember the day when I had a fight with my dad? (A person who always is soft spoken and caring for me), What if I remember the day when I went to school without doing my homework?, What if I remember the day when I got less marks than my friend/competator?, What if I remember the day when I was not selected in an interview?, What if I remember the day when my dear uncle met with a fatal accident?, What if I remember the day when my sweet granny departed us?, What if I remember the day when I acted stupid(off course without my knowledge) and fought/blamed my husband without any reason and then realized I was wrong!!.? What if I remember the day when I missed my bus and got irritated?….. Oh, My God…. What if, What if, What if, What if…. the list is endless….

Just think what would happen if those feelings/emotions which we under went that particular day was still remembered by us!!(I am sure every body would have undergone these common phase one or the other day)

Whether a small instance which seems un-important and funny today or whether an instance which had/has great impact on our life has to be forgotten if it does not keep us happy! So mind you, It is sometime good to forget things…..

Oh! As I am writing this I have forgotten to have my dinner….. (Something which I have to remember daily :-)

3 comments:

GR said...

Forgetting is a unique gift which God has provided us all.. else we would forget to leave happiliy remembering our disasters in the past... but forgetting work related things... not acceptable.

Archana Urs said...

Oops! dont forget food honey...haha...
Well, what can i say....a great thought yet again...keep it going..

Aham Brahmasmi said...

mHad heard ignorance is bliss... but adding forgetfullness to that list makes it sound more credible... :) hey BTW ignorance and forgetfullness seem to compliment each other well... Good post.. keep them comming buddy!